Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world, one child and one community at a time.
The Carolinas District of Kiwanis International covers both North Carolina and South Carolina with 200 plus clubs and about 8,000 members.
Our Defining Statement:
To assist the clubs to serve one child and one community at a time in the Carolinas District.
Our Core Purpose and Values:
To improve lives through fellowship in service.
To be the leading civic organization providing service to others.
To offer service and leadership opportunities to those who desire to serve the needs of children, youth and adults in our communities.
Message from the District Governor
2013-14 Carolinas District Planned Achievements
1. By September 30, 2014 every club in the District will have grown by a net growth of one or more members.
a.) Encourage all club members in the Carolinas District to ask at least one prospective member to attend a Kiwanis function.
b.) Continue to improve the process of turning KI Leads into new members for the Carolinas District.
c.) Clubs that are losing members will receive help from their Lt. Governors in providing a working partnership that will result in membership growth for that club.
2. Build nine new Kiwanis Clubs. One in each of the nine Trustee Regions of the Carolinas District.
a.) Establish New Club Building Teams using the Regional Trustee and their Lt. Governors plus several Kiwanian volunteers.
b.) Each Team will be provide with a documented road map (A PLAN) reflecting date driven milestones for each deliverable for a new club.
3. By August 2014 all the Clubs in the District will have their annual contributions to the International and District Foundations at the $5.oo per member level.
4. Enhance the energy and commitment for our SLP’s.
a.) Develop a better method of financial support for our new SLP’s clubs.
b.) Ensure each SLP has a sponsoring Kiwanis Club.
c.) Ensure each SLP has a dedicated and supportive Kiwanis Advisor.
5. Continue to work in concert with the District Eliminate Project Coordinators to acquire contributions and commitments from clubs and Kiwanians to reach our District goal.
6. Work in concert with the new Kiwanis International initiative “Early Childhood Development”, to ensure that our North and South Carolina clubs are aware of the needs and benefits of this program as it relates to children.
What if you could save a baby's life?
With The Eliminate Project, you can. Maternal and neonatal tetanus (MNT) kills one baby every nine minutes. But three doses of a 60-cent vaccine can protect mothers and babies. Kiwanis and UNICEF have joined forces to bring this vaccine to 38 countries, eliminating MNT from the face of the Earth. What can you do right now? Learn about MNT and advocate for the cause. Participate in our fundraisers. Over the next few years, the work we do will change the world. Find out more at www.TheEliminateProject.org.